vendredi 25 mars 2011

opening post..

I wore the veil..

I wore Hijab...


Saturday march 5th, 2011, was, still is and will forever remain a remarquable date in my life, the day that witnessed the new me coming out to the light.. a new birth.. a new life.. No words in any language can describe my feelings as I walked through the door, and took my very first steps as a hijabi girl.. I guess that alone describes them..
For the first time I could sense, feel, see things around me..
I was looking at the sky, the sun and the trees surprised, and it hit me that I’ve never truly seen a blue so limpid, a yellow so shiny or a green so freshly happy!!
It’s like I’ve been seeing the world through grey glasses, dim, pale and vague..
Hijab made me take those glasses off, let’s just say they didn’t match J and the world’s colors became brighter, more real, more alive..

It's a new beginning, an overlwhelmingly fresh start and a life changing step I never thought I'll be taking anytime soon, and now that have seen the beauty of this new path, I wish I walked through it sooner..


But i would never say that i regret my old ways, or my "old" life, cuz that's what has got me here.. it's been a big maze, one hazy, rocky road but it led me to a paradise, so i'm thankful for all that i've been through.. and most of all, I’m thankful to Allah who led me to where I stand today.. So thank you Allah for your guidance..

And as I walked in life as a hijabi girl, I noticed a big increase in my daily productivity, and that’s what this blog is all about..
How can hijab make you more productive?  If you want to know the answer, keep on reading the posts in this blog. They will be posted regularly once a week as a start (every Friday).

Let us know what you think, constructive feed back is always wanted J

17 commentaires:

  1. Salam Sister,
    I am ur first follower YEAYYY ;) hamdoullilah and absolutely LOVE ur first post! Congratulations for the RIGHT decision (hug therefore), i felt exactely like u explained! I would never ever change this "new" life for anything in this dunya, al hamdoullilah!

    Visit me inshaallah on:
    http://hijab-on-point.blogspot.com/

    Wa Salam - xxx Nad

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. MashaAllah lovely post (=

    Btw are you French?

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. ummm nope.. i'm tunisian.. why, is my english that bad ^^

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Oooooh I never knew that they speak French in Tunisia it's because your settings are in French lol

    =D Medical student huh? MashAllah! I've had a request to interview you for Islamfactory.com the brother that owns the site just read that your tunisian and a newbie hijabi so has e-mailed me to ask you if I can send you some questions for an interview?

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. well, sure.. i'll be glad to!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Wow! I loved this post and feel so happy for you sister!! Inshallah your journey as a hijabi is a fruitful one with lots of Barakat!! Amin!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. MashaAllah sister..way to go!!

    really looking forward to your blog it sounds and looks (love the hijab pic) very good!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. oh by the way heard about you on Hijab Revival's blog ;o)

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. @hijab revival: amin ya rab, to you too and to all the beautiful hijabi's in the world :))))

    @Elegance is an attitude: thank you for your sweet words :) I pray and promise to always be up to your expectations insha'allah :)

    @My little world: thanks sister :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. MasyaAllah, great post..
    I love ur banner =)

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Masha'Allah sister, what a wonderful post!! <3 Beautifully written. Keep up the good work and I'm glad to follow your blog :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. First post looks full of promises. I am glad to hear you make this step and it bring so much Joy in your life.
    Looking forward knowing more soon.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Masha'Allah! I am so happy for you, mabrook! I hope hijab opens up doors for you that you never even imagined of. I have a tear jerking story of when I first wore hijab too, and everytime I see anyone else write about their story it reminds me of mine! Welcome to the world of blogging, hijabs and hijabi bloggers! <3 I'm definitely following you!

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. ma'shaAllah!! What a beautiful beautiful first post :) I read all the follow ups :) Amazing. Keep them coming :D ma'shaAllah.

    RépondreSupprimer